Following the Cartoon XV published on Wednesday, Jon Hobbs has created his fantasy sevens team below. With so few places up for grabs, there is bound to be some debate.
1. Richie McCaw – Excellent turnover ability and link play, never misses a tackle, adequate pace.
2. Tom Rees – All of the above but more pace.
3. Luke McAlister – Always good to have a back in the forwards in sevens to add to the creativity on the pitch. Excellent running lines + stepping.
4. William Ryder – The best sevens player that has ever existed.
5. Brian O’Driscoll – Might not have the electric pace anymore but just needs to step through a gap and release the outside backs, also a tireless defender and an eye for flair.
6. Bryan Habana – Get the ball to him and watch him go.
7. Sitiveni Sivivatu (or a fit Rupeni Caucau) – Pace and finishing ability.
Juan Smith – very quick, always in support, loves scoring tries
James Simpson-Daniel – a natural 10 with the pace of a winger, would dominate a sevens team
Matt Giteau – playmaker in case Ryder has to come off, decent pace
Have your say using the comment form below – is there anyone else who should be considered for this team?