The rumour mill has been working overtime in the past week or so with regards to who will captain the Lions, with a supposed ‘leak’ speculating that it will be Sam Warburton leading to Betfair closing all bets on him after his odds plummeted. How much truth there is to these rumours is debatable, although he is undoubtedly one of the front-runners. But who would you like to see be named captain? And will Gatland name a separate tour and test captain? Is that a strategy that can work? Enter our poll and have your say below.
Who should captain the Lions in Australia?
- Brian O'Driscoll (31%, 138 Votes)
- Chris Robshaw (16%, 72 Votes)
- Sam Warburton (12%, 56 Votes)
- Kelly Brown (4%, 19 Votes)
- Jamie Heaslip (0%, 1 Votes)
- Ryan Jones (4%, 17 Votes)
- Gethin Jenkins (0%, 2 Votes)
- Paul O'Connell (21%, 96 Votes)
- Alun-Wyn Jones (10%, 46 Votes)
- Rory Best (2%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 452