Ireland have named an exciting second string team to play England Saxons on Saturday.
“We all sat down with Joe, trying to put a squad together with depth and you can see that in the team and it is with that focus in mind and giving players opportunity to put their hands up,” coach Anthony Foley said.
“Out priority is Saturday, we’ve had three good days up here, running against the boys and being competitive.
“It’s a massive opportunity for everyone in the group. It’s about gelling, getting combinations working. It’s about Rob Herring and Dan Tuohy, Ian Madigan and Isaac Boss they have those combinations.”
“Rob Herring has had a good campaign for Ulster, he has a lot of strengths. Robin Copeland has been plying his trade in Cardiff and with his performances I’m looking forward to watching him with ball in hand. He’s a good player. Robin in recent times has had more strengths and weaknesses and we’re all looking forward to having him in the Wolfhounds.”
O2 IRELAND WOLFHOUNDS (v England Saxons, ‘A’ International Match, Saturday, January 25, Kingsholm, kick-off 5pm):
15. Felix Jones (Shannon/Munster)
14. Fergus McFadden (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
13. Robbie Henshaw (Buccaneers/Connacht)
12. Darren Cave (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
11. Craig Gilroy (Dungannon/Ulster)
10. Ian Madigan (Blackrock College/Leinster)
9. Isaac Boss (Terenure College/Leinster)
1. David Kilcoyne (UL Bohemians/Munster)
2. Rob Herring (Ballynahinch/Ulster)
3. Martin Moore (Lansdowne/Leinster)
4. Iain Henderson (Ballynahinch/Ulster)
5. Dan Tuohy (Ballymena/Ulster)
6. Rhys Ruddock (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) (capt)
7. Tommy O’Donnell (UL Bohemians/Munster)
8. Robin Copeland (Cardiff Blues)
16. Richardt Strauss (Old Wesley/Leinster)
17. Jack McGrath (St. Mary’s College/Leinster)
18. Stephen Archer (Cork Constitution/Munster)
19. Robbie Diack (Malone/Ulster)
20. Jordi Murphy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
21. Kieran Marmion (Corinthians/Connacht)
22. Ian Keatley (Young Munster/Munster)
23. Simon Zebo (Cork Constitution/Munster)
Who are you backing to win at Kingsholm?